Sunday, January 31, 2010

Song of the Week

Every now and then you discover a new band you love that you know no one else has ever heard of. At that point you have a decision to make - tell everyone and spread the gospel or keep it to yourself, secure in the knowledge that this music is for your ears only. Well, lucky for you I've decided to share the wealth.

Papercuts is a band out of San Francisco that sound something like the sad-sack, dreamy-eyed love child concieved one night during a threesome between The Smashing Pumpkins, The Zombies and The Byrds - in otherwords, it's beautiful. Check out the video below to hear the song that has been haunting my brain for the last few weeks, a song called "Dear Employee" off their 2007 release, Can't Go Back.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! And I'm going to pretend I found them on my own.

    ReplyDelete