Friday, January 8, 2010

Something, Something, Something Could've Been Better

Contributing writer Casey Buckler is not happy with his Christmas present this year...

Ok, so imagine my excitement when I opened a Christmas gift and saw the new Family Guy DVD, something I've personally been waiting for since I found out it was being developed. I know it's a little late for a Christmas complaint but it's really not about Christmas anyway since I just found time to watch it last night. The movie is a follow-up to Blue Harvest (The first Family Guy/Star Wars parody) and it's loosely based on The Empire Strikes Back. As it begins with typical Seth MacFarlane band of storytelling, you keep waiting for the part where you normally laugh out loud and miss the next joke because you're laughing so hard... but that moment never comes.
Being a long time fan of the series, I gave it a chance and by the time the movie is over you say, "Well maybe I have to watch it again...? In the worlds of Brian, "Yeeeaaaah."I did end up watching it again and, well, the same response.

I have to say, now that Seth MacFarlane is producing a handful of Fox Comedy cartoons, I feel there has been a decrease in material; even on The Family Guy weekly episodes the laughs are few and far between these days. In its first season, I would say The Cleveland Show is a better show than what we currently call The Family Guy. So instead of quality, I feel we're getting quantity. I beg you, Seth MacFarlane, don't let The Family Guy become a joke.

- Casey Buckler

No comments:

Post a Comment