Sunday, April 18, 2010

Song of the Week (Back to School (?) Edition)


Today marks the beginning of some life changes for yours truly. That's right, I'll be getting the operation. I kid, I kid. In all actuality it looks as though my real job as a non-blogger will be getting more challenging soon and on an even more exciting/overwhelming note, I have decided to throw myself head first into the great grad school search. The combination of those two things are going to mean slightly less time for blogging. I have made a concerted effort to have new material up every day but more than likely it will now be every other day. That said, the time I spend on An Ocean of Noise will be more scheduled, valuable and probably focused. So while there may be fewer posts, there will not be a drop in quality. I do however plan to hone the focus of the site, and give you what you most want. That will mean more top 5/top 10 lists, album reviews when I can find the time, and our upcoming Summer Concert Series.

I want to thank everyone for your continued support, feedback and contributions as we promise to keep up the good work but in a slightly less prolific fashion. In the spirit of going back to school (or at least hoping a graduate school out there is forgiving of poor undergrad grades) our Song of the Week is by R.E.M. While they have gone on to become one of the biggest bands in the world, when they started nearly 3 decades ago they literally started the indie rock scene, or as it was called at the time - College Rock. Dig Michael Stipe's hair!



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous19/4/10 18:36

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROruSpKHjg
    how about graham parker and back to schooldays? good luck man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KC Jazz King21/4/10 19:56

    that video was supa tight

    ReplyDelete