Sunday, February 21, 2010

Song of the Week (Soul-full edition)

Recently I have been getting a lot of requests to cover a wider variety of music. While theoretically this is an excellent idea, my musical knowledge is at its peak when I'm talking about rock. While I would love to post a review of the newest Sade album, truth be told, I haven't had the time (or money) to give it a listen. When faced with the decision of whether or not I'm going to purchase said Sade record or the newest by the Magnetic Fields, the scales weigh heavily in favor of the latter. This is, at this point, unmistakably a blog that follows rock music and even more specifically the underground/independent variety. We do however welcome written submissions of ALL genre's of music if you fancy yourself a critic. All that said, a little soul music never hurt anyone and here is song and video that a friend introduced me to about a week ago by Anthony Hamilton, featuring Monique. I found it both fantastic and hilarious. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment